City Services Available Online
To protect the safety and wellbeing of the community and our employees, the City of Santa Barbara is taking steps to continue providing services to the public. City offices continue to operate but public counters are closed to limit interaction and ensure social distancing.
Many City services and instructions are available online, allowing you to pay a bill, find phone numbers to contact staff, or submit requests, forms, applications, questions, and comments via email. Before making a trip, please check the City’s website and review the list of services below.
- Business Operation Inquiries: For businesses who wish to learn more about whether or how to operate their business in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines, please send an email to LandUse@SantaBarbaraCa.Gov.
- Public Counter Instructions: Essential City services, construction, and maintenance work continues and staff are ready to handle requests, review plans and applications, and process payments. The following special instructions and adjustments are currently in effect:
- Finance: Utility bills can be paid online, over the phone, by mail or drop box outside City Hall near De La Guerra Plaza. All other bills, including Business License, Business Improvement District (BID), Parking and Business Improvement Area (PBIA), Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), Cannabis Tax, Parking Citation can be paid by mail or drop box outside City Hall near De La Guerra Plaza. Enclose the billing or application with payment.
- Planning and Zoning, Building and Safety, Public Works, and Records Counter at 630 Garden Street: Staff is currently processing all plans and permits. A new drop-off/pick-up area has been created at the south entrance to the building at 630 Garden Street (adjacent to the David Gebhard Public Meeting Room). Drop plans with appropriate forms and applications and a staff person will confirm receipt electronically within three business days and provide information about next steps.For up-to-date information with drop-off and payment instructions, please go to the Public Counter Notices Webpage.
- Consultation by telephone or email is available during regular business hours. If you have questions, call or email:
- If you have questions, call the Planning and Zoning Counter at 805-564-5578, the Building and Safety Counter at 805-897-2676, and the Public Works and Real Property Counter at 805-564-5388.
- Rental Housing Mediation: Staff can provide consultations and mediations in English or Spanish by phone at 805-564-5420. Tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities can be provided by phone and email. Read more…
- Affordable Housing and CDBG/Human Services Call 805-564-5461 or email HHS@SantaBarbaraCA.gov
- Library: Libraries are currently closed but services and resources can be reached online.
- Borrow books, audiobooks, movies, comics, films, magazines, and online courses electronically at SBPLibrary.org/eLibrary
- Delay requested physical materials, for pick-up or check-out, by calling the Library at 805-962-7653 or by reviewing your OverDrive account for holds on eBooks and Audiobooks.
- Sign-up for a temporary library card online to get started using library resources and services at: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryCard
- Chat with staff at the Library’s digital chat reference services, available during open hours and answered in real-time: SBPLibrary.org/LibraryChat
- Text message questions to staff, available during open hours and answered in real-time: 805-764-4542 (805-764-4LIB)
- Access your account and review your accounts details by either visiting SBPLibrary.org/Catalog or by downloading the Library’s mobile app “Black Gold” in any app store.
- Order unique items for home delivery with the Zip Books program by calling the Library at: 805-962-7653
- If you have questions about a particular event or about checked out items, please call the Santa Barbara Public Library at 805-962-7653.
- Police: The Police Department public lobby at 215 E. Figueroa Street is currently closed to the public. Public safety professionals are providing 24/7 service throughout the City. While the lobby might be closed in an abundance of caution, our professional staff is working for you. For real emergencies, dial 911. To file a police report or request a copy, use the Citizens Online Reporting Tool. To arrange for Property Release, call 805-897-2375 to make an appointment. For all other requests, please call 805-897-2355.
- Fire: Email sbfdsbca@SantaBarbaraCA.gov or call 805-965-5254 for all questions related to fire prevention, wildland fire prevention, and plan submittals.
- City Clerk: City Council and Advisory Group agendas are available online and outside City Hall. Meeting videos and minutes are also available on the City’s website. For questions related to the Council agenda or public records requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources: The Human Resources counter will be closed and appointments will be scheduled as needed. For questions, call 805-564-5316.
- Parks and Recreation: Public counters at recreation facilities and the public offices at 620 Laguna Street and 402 East Ortega Street are closed through April 5, but many resources can be found online, and questions may be directed to ParksAndRec@SantaBarbaraCA.gov. Follow the Parks and Recreation Department on Facebook and check the Department homepage for news and updates. Contact the Water Quality Enforcement Program Enforcement Hotline to report violations of the City’s Municipal Code to protect local creeks and the ocean from pollution. Services are available to request a Street Tree Removal.
- Downtown Parking: Monthly and Commuter Permit account payments may be mailed to 735 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Please include your account number with your payment. Other transactions requiring payment can be mailed to the Downtown Parking Office at 1221 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. All other submittals and inquiries can be directed to ParkingPermits@SantaBarbaraCA.gov.
- Waterfront/Harbor: Call the Waterfront Office at 805-564-5531 for questions and information. Email email@example.com to submit fish tickets and most slip management forms, including temporary cancellation, e-billing, live-aboard permits, vacation live-aboard permits, and mailing address change requests. Slip renters can sign up for autopay.